Rework for $activebattle Function
Created by: AlastorCrow
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
The current battle system in idleRPG is either too heavily reliant on weapon stats alone ($battle) or highly inconsistent RNG where only spamming ATK option is useful.
What I want to propose will not only make use of the DEF and HEAL option but turn a one-move gameplay aspect into a decent strategic competitive mode with a more consistent RNG range and element. This will help entice players that enjoy pvp aspect of games by giving them a reason to acquire better gear and seek opponents to fight against.
Describe the solution you'd like
ATK does 75-100% of sword value. The opponent's shield negates damage by 50% of their armour value. If Player A (50 ATK) attacks Player B (50 DEF) with 100% damage, the damage output will be 25. This will be a passive defense that will add usefulness to the shield.
DEF has 25% chance to block and 50% chance to inflict 25% to 50% of the shield value as counter-attack damage if the block is successful. The damage output from the counter attack is also affected by the opponent's defense (similar to described function above). If the opponent uses HEAL function, they can still be affected by the block and counter-attack function. This will prevent people from using HEAL by default when they see their opponent using DEF.
HEAL has 20% chance to block and does 10% to 20% of combined sword and shield stat (even if block is not successful). If you have a 50ATK Sword and 50DEF Shield, you are guaranteed to heal 10~20HP.
Describe alternatives you've considered
A change in the value % noted to make it more balanced after testing.
Removal of HEAL function while increasing the total HP to 150. This is on top of the rework proposed for ATK and DEF functions.
Adding pvp functionality to classes. Thieves get critical boost, Mages get raw damage % bonus, Warriors get raw defense % and block % bonus, Paragon gets attack and defense % bonus, Ranger gets HP bonus, Ritualist gets more heal % bonus, Raider (they get enough bonus for raids).